Share Picks Code Of Conduct
Welcome to the Share Picks Code Of Conduct ("the code")
The code forms part of the Terms & Conditions of the Share Picks website. Before using the Share Picks site in any way, you must agree to abide by the code along with the Terms & Conditions.
If you haven’t already read the Terms & Conditions you may find it "here"
Also, please make sure you have read through the following information BEFORE using the Share Picks website.
ASIC Regulatory Guide 162
1) Please at all times make sure you treat other members or participants of the Share Picks site with the same sort of respect that you would expect to receive from other members. Do not use the Share Picks site (forums, chat or blog) to threaten, harass, stalk, defame, or abuse others (including companies/corporations.) You must NOT use any language that is in any way obscene, offensive, racist, sexist or discriminatory. Share Picks do not and will not tolerate any of the above behaviour. Any members caught using any of the above language or behaviour will get a warning. If they are caught repeating this behaviour they may have their Share Picks account suspended permanently.
2) Please do NOT ask for or offer financial advice of any kind, anywhere on the Share Picks website. It is illegal to accept financial advice from anyone other than a licenced financial advisor. It is also illegal for anyone who holds an Australian Financial Services Licence to post anywhere on the Share Picks site. You may find a licenced financial advisor who will be able to help you with respect to advice relating to your personal financial situation by going here.
3) Any information that you submit to the Share Picks website must be true and accurate to the best of your knowledge at the time of posting. If you are unsure of the accuracy of your post you must include your uncertainty within your post.
4) Stock ramping is NOT permitted. Any user caught ramping will get a warning and their post will be deleted. Any user that continues with this practice will have their account suspended. For those who don't know what ramping is....? Put simply ramping is claiming that a stock will go up (or down), often repeatedly without giving proper reasons to back up why the stock will go up (or down.)
5) You must NOT use the Share Picks site for any illegal activities or purpose and you must not post any information or material that in any way breaches confidentiality, contractual, intellectual property or privacy rights. You may also NOT post any information that will defame another person or company/corporation. Lastly you may NOT post any information or material that is solely for the purpose of taking advantage of other members which will lead to your own gain, be it monetary or otherwise.
6) You must not post or disclose any personally identifiable information or material belonging to children or display any information or material that exploits persons under 18 years of age. You must not post or disclose any personally identifiable information of any persons without their express written permission.
7)You must not use the Share Picks website for the distribution of junk mail, any scams, spam, pyramid schemes, affiliate schemes, chain letters or any other unsolicited mass distribution of email.
8) You are solely responsible for anything you post on the Share Picks website. Before posting, please consider that you may be liable for any legal action that arises as a result of what you say that may be defamatory, threatening or that contravenes the securities laws.
9) All members are allowed a "signature". Signatures may contain 1 link only which may NOT be linked to any inappropriate websites or affiliate pages.
10) Please understand that users may not always be who they say they are or who they claim to be. Share Picks do not perform any background checks on any of its members and we do not claim that any of the users profile information is correct. Please be aware that other members may use the Share Picks forums/blogs/chat services for personal gain which may be beyond our control. Approach such posts/users with caution.
11) You agree that Share Picks has the last say. Share Picks has the right to remove, edit or move any content on our site which has been uploaded by a member, with or without notice.
12) Share Picks has been designed around the freedom of information exchange and has provided designated areas for this to occur, free of charge. Share Picks provides a site for members to discuss financial related events and information which may include, here say, news, opinions and recommendations of many individuals and organisations. Share Picks does not endorse the recommendations or opinions of any of its users, nor does it warrant the completeness, accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any content made available on the Site.
13) Please understand that upon posting any content to the forums/blog/chat room or to any other part of the Share Picks website, you grant and assign to Share Picks and its successors a non-exclusive worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, distribute, display, reproduce, publish and create derivative works from such material in any and all media and in any manner whatsoever, without any obligation to account to you. You also grant Share Picks the right to authorise its users to download, reformat and print content from the site for their personal and non-commercial use.
14) Please be aware that other users posts may be deceptive or misleading. This may be intentional or unintentional. If you see a post which you believe may be misleading, please post your thoughts so other members are aware of the potentially misleading post.
15) Please understand that you and you alone are responsible for your investment decisions. Although the Share Picks website has been designed to help you gain information which MAY help you in making your investment decisions, you are solely responsible for analysing and verifying any information you intend to rely on. Share Picks does not provide investment advice or make securities recommendations whatsoever. Share Picks does not and cannot look at individual’s personal financial situation or circumstances. We recommend that you seek consultation form an authorised financial representative BEFORE acting on any information acquired at or through the Share Picks website. A list of authorised financial representatives can be found at the FIDO website here.
16) Upholding the code. If you believe a member has posted ANY content which is in breach of the Terms & Conditions, Code Of Conduct, or is in violation of the securities laws, you should contact and inform us immediately. If you believe a member has posted any content that may violate the securities laws YOU SHOULD ALSO CONTACT THE AUSTRALIAN SECURITIES AND INVESTMENT COMMISSION (ASIC) @ www.asic.gov.au
Please make sure you have also read, understand and agree to following BEFORE using the Share Picks website in any way.
ASIC Regulatory Guide 162
Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your continued cooperation.
Let’s keep Share picks a fun environment for all to come and talk shares!